Saturday, February 4, 2012

Better Late than never Christmas Letter

Dear Family and Friends of the Candy Keepers,

Since no one else has started writing our annual Christmas letter I guess I had better do it or it won’t get done.   It’s probably better that I write it anyways so you get the REAL story and the facts right.

My Dad, the greatest in the world by the way, has had a really busy year.  He keeps going to some strange place called Mexico for work but he was home for all the important holidays, my birthday of course, which if you forgot is July 4th.  He also seemed to spend a lot of time playing silly games like golf and bowling.  Why would you throw a perfectly good ball down at white things when it would clearly be much more entertaining to hold it or try to sit on it and roll on your tummy with it…anyway.  Dad and I like to chill on the couch and watch the Chiefs lose…I mean play football… and wrestle on the floor during commercials.   I am making sure he stays fit by running away with his phone in hand at least once a day.  Next year we will be working on his sense of humor because for some reason he always finds it funny to watch my expression when he tries to kiss me with that prickling face of his, but a boy can only take on so many projects at one time.

As for my mom, well I have some projects in the works for her too.  My sisters and I try to keep her on her toes; we don’t want things to be too easy for her so we take turns to make sure she is never board.  I try to keep the toilet paper unrolled for her at all times, and Paisley has became quiet good at climbing, which makes the things that mom thought were safe on the counter, much easier to get a hold of.  Sometimes I wonder if Bianca is on our team or mom’s because while she is good at making messes and sneaking candy for us out of the top cabinet, sometimes she foils the fun by telling mom when we are up to no good.  Mom did grow some cool plants in our garden this year but it was so hot that not all of them fared as well as she had hoped.   She also did a lot of sewing this summer.  She made five quilts with family trees on them, which she gave to all the grandmas this May when we went to visit family in Colorado.  She also seems to spend some time helping teach Sunday school, VBS, and has a mom’s group that she takes us to.  As busy as she is, she still always sets time aside to cuddle with me, as I am the certified cuddlier of the family.

My biggest sister Bianca is making advancements in my training programs as well.  Her progress has been hampered a little due to the fact that she started preschool this fall and is not home as much.  Lately she seems to be more focused on “making good decisions” than on making sure I have the toys and snacks that I want when I want them, but with winter break quickly approaching she will have plenty of time for a refresher course.  When school started she also started playing on a soccer team.  She didn’t like it at first but by the last game she learned to have fun and not cry.  I was proud of her.  This summer she went to VBS at Jesus’ house and spent time splashing me in our pool to cool off on our record breaking days of 111 degrees!  All in all I can’t complain as she is a pretty awesome sister and she does love me a lot.

What can I say about my buddy and partner in crime, Paisley!  She and I get to hang out with mom while Bianca is at school.  Some days we run errands but most days we get to go home and dance to Rio or whatever movie we happen to be watching while mom tries to clean up the mess I left her from my breakfast.  I look forward to learning more from Paisley as she has so much to teach me.  Lessons on how to squirt all of a new bottle of sunscreen on the carpet and myself or how to draw the longest line of permanent marker known to toddler on mom’s kitchen floor, or even be wise enough to take a single bite out several individual cookies mom made for the fall festival instead of just eating a single cookie.  She is truly genius in that way!  I have also learned not run in the house because it could lead to having to get 5 stitches put in my mouth after running into the door.  Luckily she is very brave and strong and hardly cried when mom and dad took her to the ER to get it fixed.  I’m so glad I get to hang out with her for two more years before she goes to preschool.

As for me, I have been pretty busy as well.  In the last year alone I have managed to learn to crawl, walk and run from my mom when she needs me most, usually to change my diaper.  I can also now talk...well at least a few words but I’m working on it, and have managed to push six teeth through.  I also celebrated my first birthday which included a wonderful visit from my grandma and nana and lots of CAKE…I love cake.  Grandpa also came for a visit and taught my sisters to fish since I found naps much more desirable than holding a stick with a worm on it.  I enjoy trying new foods, like red and blue crayons, and frequent trips to the zoo.  I hear that Santa will be visiting us soon so to be on my best.  I will do my best to keep everyone here in line, but I am only one boy so don’t expect any miracles.  Hope Santa is as good to you as I know he will be to me.  I love and miss you and know the rest of my family feels the same. 

Peace out,

Gage Goin and My Family

No comments:

Post a Comment