Friday, June 10, 2011

Back to reality!

Well back to reality!  The vacation was wonderful, I know I shouldn’t have been surprised but I guess I forgot how quickly my house gets destroyed and how little time it takes my little ones to get into trouble J 

Yesterday I was making the kids lunch and I kept hearing giggles coming from the girl’s bedroom.  This did not alarm me since generally when they are up to no good things get eerily quiet.  When lunch was done I served plats and called the girls but no one came running.  So I walked back to see what was going on…
That’s when I walked in on Paisley with a makeup brush in one hand and dark blue eye shadow in another.  Then when I looked over at poor Gage I see he too has been “painted” on both his face and head.  His hair was spotted blue and he looked like he had been in a fight with all kinds of bruises all over his baby face.  He didn’t even cry!  The most frustrating thing was that my makeup had been put away, but Paisley stood on the toilet to get into cupboard where I store it. 

After a long day with the kids I had threw them in to the bath tub because we had fruit smoothies for dinner and we made a pretty good sticky mess.  Just as I was getting them into the tub our weather alert system went off saying tornado warnings.  UG!  So we hurried up in the baths so I could get everyone out and dressed.  We hung out in my room while I watched to news to keep up with the worsening conditions outside.  At one point they told the people of Wichita city to take shelter so me and all three kids jammed ourselves into my closet and waited while we listened to the rolling thunder, pounding hail and the screeching weather radio. 

Luckily nothing happened and truth be told the kids did much better than I had thought.  Maybe I over reacted since I’m new to town and don’t know about the tornados in this area…but better to be safe than sorry.  After we came out we called my parents to let them know we were ok and I let Bianca talk to my dad and she told him “Grandpa, if a tomato comes we hide in the closet with mommy, Plaisley and Gage!”  I was so proud that she knows what to do and humored that she calls tornados tomatoes J


Today we are back at it!  Catching up on errands this morning and chores this afternoon.  There is always laundry and dishes to do and if you have one lazy day it seems to take a week to get caught back up.  It probably doesn’t help that BJ is on a business trip and I’m flying solo for a bit.  Every time I turn around there is a new mess but I should know that’s what my days are filled with now, and truthfully I love my job as stay at home mom, so I can learn to love the messes.  I get paid in hugs, kisses, and little people laughter and that’s a better salary than monetary amount anyone could offer.  We will squeeze in a little fun time too...like ahir dresser...scary thought, but still fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment