Thursday, January 13, 2011

Oh the Horror!

Life in the Goin household is never boring!  I find myself daily calling my parents to tell them what the kids did that day to make me laugh, or frustrate me to the point of giggles.  My children keep me on my toes, some days my tip toes, and my life would be so boring without them.  I can’t remember what my life was like before I had them, but feel so grateful that they have blessed me with so many memories and a good foundation for many wrinkles to come J

Today was another one of those days that I found myself at Wal-Mart praying for the time to pass quickly as we checked out.  Normally it’s because one of my little angels are spinning in circles on the floor as they cry and scream for one reason or another, but that was not the case today. 

As I begin to unload our very full cart Bianca walks over to our cashier.  She is young like me and smiles at Bianca.  She has noticeably large front teeth and I see Bianca studying her.  That’s when the clock slows…Bianca very politely says “excuse me…are you a chipmunk?”  You have to understand my children’s adoration for the new Alvin and the chipmunk movies.  We have watched them HUNDREDS of times….HUNDREDS!!!!  I’m still unloading the cart at this time trying to figure out what to do and act as though I didn’t hear what my child just asked the poor gal.  The cashier not amused tells Bianca no, so she quickly comes back with “Oh, are you a chipette?”  I can no longer pretend to be a naive bystander as my daughter innocently and curiously interviews this poor soul.  I quickly interject to Bianca “she probably has a beautiful voice like one of the chipettes”, and in an attempt to distracter her ask her to help me finish putting things on the conveyer belt.  With my head down and tail between my legs praying for the moment to end I pay for our groceries and book it to the car.  From now on we will have to make sure we avoid her line L

In other news Paisley will be 2 in just a couple of weeks and continues to surprise us with her spunk.  She is such a different kid now that she is healthy and we love it.  Gage is 6 months old now and eating real food now.  His newest development is rocking on all fours...which means crawling is not far behind...AHHHH!  Time goes by too quickly and daily I have to remind myself to slow down and enjoy each day for what it has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment