Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The longest Journys begin with a single step

I'm starting this blog to give you a snap shot into my crazy life in Kansas.  The miles may separate us but this blog will hopefully keep us closely connected.  I can at least give updates on everyone and the things we do :)
Life in Kansas is going well.  The weather is finally starting to change making it feel more like fall.  We are mostly unpacked with just the last few boxes left and finding places for all the little things.  So that’s what I fill my days with, that and keeping up with the "mess"....and some days I have a LOT of mess.  Kids are all good and staying active....VERY active.
Embarrassed to admit I’ve gained some weight and the truth is I can’t use baby weight as an excuse forever...the time has come.  4 years and 3 kids later I look in the mirror and do not like the reflection.  I've used stress and work and babies as excuses long enough...the buck or well calories stop here.  I don’t have an accountability partner out here so this blog is it!  Starting weight is 195 (cringe) goal is to lose 60 pounds that puts me at 135...yuck!  Seems so daunting but I know it’s possible...walked two miles today and will reevaluate meals I eat and serve to my kids.  The longest journeys begin with a single step.  So here we go....step one..........!

2 comments:

  1. Good for you Sarah! So good to hear about whats going on with you. Miss you sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi sarah! glad to find you on here. i'm looking to get in better shape as well, so maybe you and i can encourage and challenge one another:) i miss you!

    ReplyDelete